It’s 5 minutes before the meeting, but your laptop camera is not working on Zoom? We understand how stressful you must be on this situation. So, what can you do to fix the Zoom camera not working issue to save your career? Here, try the following methods to solve it.
Why is Zoom camera not working?
There are many causes why you experience Zoom camera not working issue. The causes could be from the software or hardware. From what we know, here are two main causes that lead you to the issue:
- Corrupted software
- Camera driver failure
- Hardware malfunction
However, there might be other unknown reasons why you have Zoom camera not working problem.
How to Fix Zoom Camera Not Working Issue
- Restart your computer. Turn off your computer and turn it on again to refresh the system. Then, launch Zoom again after your computer reboots.
- Update Zoom. Check the version of Zoom installed on your Windows or Linux computer, Mac, Android or iOS devices. If you happen to use the older version, updating Zoom to the latest version could solve your problem.
- Uninstall and re-install Zoom. Software corruption could be the reason why you face Zoom camera not working problem. Therefore, uninstalling Zoom and reinstalling the newest version can fix the issue.
- Windows computers: you can try to press F10. We found out that in ASUS, this error is simply solved by pressing F10 button. It seems that it is a shortcut to turn off the camera webcam.
- Windows computers: check your webcam or camera driver. Press Windows logo and type ‘device manager’ in the search box. Select it from the results. Find the webcam and press the right click on it. Select Update driver software. The system will try to find the driver update.
- Mac laptop: if the camera still doesn’t after you restart it, check the camera if it’s working on other apps like Photo Booth or Facetime.
- Mac laptop: make sure that you give permission for Zoom to use the webcam.
- Android and iOS devices: make sure you allow Zoom to use the camera. To do this, you can go to the Settings. You can also check the camera by pressing Switch Camera feature.
- Last but not least, check the video icon on Zoom to make sure that you have turned on the webcam camera on your device. If the camera icon is crossed with a red diagonal line, it means the video is muted. You must tap on it to unmute.
Those were the methods that you can try to fix Zoom camera not working issue on your Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices. We hope the problem is fixed and you can join the meeting without any problem.
If you have other methods that are not on the list, you can write it in the comment box below to help others. Thank you for reading.