The new iPadOS update comes up with improvements, but it sometimes also has a bug lies within. For instance, many iPad users reported that some of their apps become unresponsive after they install the new iPadOS update. The apps fail to load and force close immediately. If you experience the same, there are several solutions you can do to fix unresponsive apps after iPadOS update.
How to Fix Unresponsive Apps After iPadOS Update
Before you try the following solutions, you can simply try to restart your iPad and see if the unresponsive app error has gone. However, if it persists, follow the solutions below to fix the unresponsive app issue on your iPad.
Solution 1. Check the Internet Connection
Some applications like games or social media apps rely on the internet connection to run. So, if your internet connection is not at its best, the apps may not be able to run properly. Thus, you must ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
If you are using the cellular data, it could be that your cellular data is not stable. Hence, try to connect to the WiFi which has more stable connection.
- Go to Settings.
- Press on Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and connect to the network.
When it is connected, open the apps once again and check whether they can run flawlessly.
Solution 2. Update or Reinstall the Apps
After you update the iPadOS, it might be that the apps doesn’t compatible with it. Therefore, you can try to update the apps.
- Open App Store.
- Tap on Update button on the bottom.
- Find the apps that you need to update.
- Finally, tap on the Update button.
Or, if you don’t see any update for the unresponsive apps, you can try to reinstall the apps.
- Press and hold the apps.
- Then, tap on the x on the apps.
- After that, open App Store and search for the apps you want to install.
- Finally, press on the Get button to install the apps.
After the installation is completed, run the apps and check if it can run properly.
Solution 3. Hard Reset iPad
The next solution that you should try is to do a hard reset to your iPad. This action will force your iPad to reset its recent power cycle. Many have proven that this action can be a good solution for firmware issue like this.
There are two ways to do a hard reset on iPad:
- iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the Home and Power buttons together for at least 10 seconds. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- iPad without a Home button: Press the Volume Up button and release it quickly. Then, quick-press the Volume Down button. Now, press and hold the Power button until your iPad reboot.
Hopefully the methods above can fix unresponsive apps on iPadOS after performing update. However, if the methods fail, you can try to think of using different apps that has similar functions or in the extreme way, you can back up and do a factory reset to your iPad. Or, you can contact the technical support to fix the issue.
For queries and suggestions, don’t hesitate to write in the comments box below.