bluestackforpc.com | If you are looking for the most fun way to share moment with friends or family, you might consider to use Snapchat. In this article, you will learn about how to download Snapchat for PC Windows or Mac.
What is Snapchat?
Let’s talk about Snapchat in the first place to know more about this lovely photos sharing app. Snapchat is an application to take photos and videos in a unique way. You can add Snapchat filters to your photos and videos to express your feeling before you share it with friends.
What makes Snapchat is so popular is its filters and lenses. There are a lot of funny, unique Snapchat filters and lenses that you can use to make a fun effect. Add the caption to make your photos or videos more meaningful.
The Snapchat app also supports sending message with friends. It even lets your have a video chat with friends up to 16 people at once. Use the filters and lenses while having the video call. It’s fun!
Enough with the introduction. Let’s go back to the topic. We will show you how to download and install Snapchat for PC or Mac.
File name: Snapchat
File size: 46 MB
Category: Video & Photo
Requirements: Windows 10/8/7 or Mac
Author: Snap Inc
The Snapchat app is only available for Android and iOS devices. To run this app on your computer, we need an Android emulator app. You must follow the method in the next section so that you know how to install the app.
How to Download Snapchat for PC or Mac
There are several Android emulators, like Nox and BlueStacks. These apps allow us to run Android apps and games on our Windows or Mac computer smoothly. We will show you how to download Snapchat for PC or Mac using BlueStacks, as our preferred one.
- At the first, get a copy of BlueStacks from the link: Download BlueStacks installer file.
- Wait until the download completes. It may take for a while because the file is quite big, 400MB. Please be patient.
- When the BlueStacks download progress finishes, double click on the installer file to start the installation.
- Follow all steps you see on your monitor to finish the installation.
- Then, go back to the desktop and click on the BlueStacks icon to open the app.
- Insert your Google account to complete the setup on BlueStacks for PC or Mac.
- After the setup is completed, open the Play Store on BlueStacks. Type “Snapchat” in the Search box.
- Tap the Install button to download and install Snapchat on your computer via BlueStacks.
- The installation will start.
- Once you see the Snapchat icon on your BlueStacks dashboard, click on it to open the app.
- Take a photo and have fun with the filters on Snapchat app.
Features of Snapchat
- Taking photos or video.
- Put on filters and lens to make your photos unique
- Create your own filters for your photos or videos.
- Chat with friends and video chat with up to 16 friends at once.
- Share location with friends so they know where you are.
- Discover lives stories around the world or nearby.
- Send old moments to friends to remind them.
- Create stories and share with family or friends
How to Get Snapchat Filters
The Snapchat filters are what make this app interesting. Many users find the filters funny and fascination. So, no wonder that this app is so popular.
If you want to have more filters on your Snapchat and are a bit bored with the existed ones, you can create your own Snapchat filters. This will make your filters looks different and unique.
Create a Filter in the Snapchat App
- Go to your Camera screen and tap your Profile icon
- Tap the Gear button to go to settings
- Tap ‘Filters & Lenses’
- Select ‘Filters’
- Tap the button in the top to create a new Filter
- Choose what your Filter is for
- Choose one of our templates to get started
- Edit your Filter. You can tap to edit text that’s part of the template, or drag it into the trash. You can even add your own text and stickers!
* Add Friendmoji. You can also decorate your Filter with your and your friends’ Bitmoji! When adding a sticker, just tap on the search bar and choose two friends you want to feature.
- Press the Check button when your Filter looks just right
- Name your Filter — we suggest something easy to recognize
- Schedule your Filter. Choose a start time and an end time — your Filter can last anywhere from an hour to weeks or more!
- Map out the area you want your Filter to cover. Drag the points of your Geofence to change its shape, and pinch your fingers in and out to change its size! Your Filter’s price will automatically update based on how big your Geofence is.
- Double-check all the info on your Filter order.
- Tap ‘Submit’ to send your Filter our way for approval. You’ll be notified once it’s been approved — then, all you’ll need to do is confirm your payment!
How to Use Snapchat Filters
In the previous sections, you learn about how to create or get Snapchat filters. Right now, you might have created your very own filters on Snapchat. Let’s see if your filters can work properly on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and point the camera on a face
- Press and hold your finger over the face on the screen
- Scroll left to right and choose the filter you prefer
- Follow instructions on the screen (if applicable) to get filter to work
With Snapchat for PC and Mac, you can share photos and videos with friends and family from your computer. However, the quality of the videos and photos might reduce due to the quality of your webcam. Hope it help you.
What are your most favorite filters and lenses in Snapchat? Share it here.
If you happen to have any questions, feel free to write in the comments section. Thank you for reading, Folks!