bluestackforpc.com | If you like to play Android apps and games on PC Windows, you must have been familiar with BlueStacks Player App. This app is one of the best Android emulator apps to run Android apps on PC Windows. BlueStacks 4 is the newest version of this app. You can download it on this page if you haven’t got one. If you are using BlueStacks and feel that this app is a bit slowing down, you can try our easy methods to improve BlueStacks 4 performance.
How to Improve BlueStacks 4 Performance
For BlueStacks users, speeding up the performance might have brought a good advantage to them. It will as well improve their speed in playing games and rendering the great graphic of certain games. There are some methods that you can try in order to improve BlueStacks performance and make BlueStacks faster. You can try them selectively or in order. Follow the instructions below to do so:
Method 1 – Disable Antivirus software
Antivirus is very important for your computer. This software will keep your computer safe from malware that could harm your computer or steal your data. However, there are some antivirus that can interfere BlueStacks and cause BlueStacks become slower. If this happens to you, you can disable the antivirus software on your computer while you are running the BlueStacks. You can go to the Settings of the Antivirus software to disable it temporary. Or, you can change with other trustworthy antivirus software that doesn’t interfere BlueStacks app.
Method 2 – Disable Hyper-V and other hypervisors
We all know that BlueStacks app uses Virtualization technology. However, when apps like Hyper-V, VirtualBox, or Vmware are running, BlueStacks will not work optimally. To overcome this, you should disable other software that is using the Virtualization technology. To disable Hyper-V on your Windows PC, you can follow the instructions below:
1. Press the Start menu and go to Control Panel and choose Programs.
2. In the Programs window, press on Turn Windows features on or off.
3. Then, uncheck the Hyper-V in Windows feature and press on OK. In this part, Windows has different feature depending on the updates that you install.
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit edition
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit edition
- For Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition
- For Windows 10 Home (Version 1809)
- For Windows 10 Home (version 1803)
4. Windows will ask you to restart. Press on the Restart now button to apply the changes.
Now, you have disabled the Hyper-V on your Windows computer. BlueStacks app player should have worked faster now.
Method 3 – Adjust Power Plan
Adjusting the power plan in Windows 10 might be another way to make the performance of BlueStacks faster. Basically, the default settings of power plan in Windows is “Balanced”. But there are other modes like “Power saver” and “High performance” too. Since you are going to improve BlueStacks 4/3 performance, we suggest you to set it to “High performance” mode. Follow the instructions below to do so:
1. Right click on the battery icon on the bottom right and select Power Options.
2. In the Power Options window, you will see two modes: Balanced and Power saver for the power plan. There is actually High performance mode, but it is hidden. To show it up, you should click on the drop down icon under the show additional plans. Then, select the High performance mode for the power plans.
Note: in some Windows version, you might not have High Performance mode. Therefore, you can create it by yourself. Look at the tutorial below:
1. Click on the Create a power plan on the left pane in the Power Options window.
2. Choose the High performance plan and click on Next button to proceed.
As you have enabled the High performance mode, you’d better keep your computer or laptop plugged on the live power source. This mode will drain your battery faster than usual.
Method 4 – Maximize allocated RAM
Another method that you can try to improve BlueStacks performance is to increase the allocated RAM of BlueStacks to the max. This is a safe way to make BlueStacks faster as long as you follow the guide carefully.
1. Press on Windows + R keys to trigger the Run dialog box. Type regedit in it and press OK.
2. In the registry editor window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bluestacks/Guests/
3. Now, search for a field named Android and tap on it.
4. On the list of attributes, choose Memory and double click on it to change the Hexadecimal to Decimal and you will see value 768.
5. Change the value 768 to 1024 and click OK to save the changes. If you have a big RAM, you may increase it to 2048.
6. Restart your Windows PC to apply the changes.
This should speed up Bluestacks player app on your Windows computer.
Method 5 – Upgrade your computer
The last method you can do if the methods above don’t give you significant boost is upgrade your computer. By having a better and up-to-date machine, we believe it will increase BlueStacks performance significantly. Your computer machine should have been higher than the recommended system specs, at least. What are the recommended system specs for BlueStacks? Have a look on this page.
- How to Fix BlueStacks 3 Engine Not Starting
- How to Fix BlueStacks Already Installed Error
- How to Speed Up BlueStacks 3 for PC Windows
As we mentioned earlier that increasing BlueStacks performance on your Windows PC will surely give you a lot of benefits. You can follow the tutorial above to improve BlueStacks performance. The methods surely work for BlueStacks 4 and 3.
If you have any questions or suggestions, we hope you can write them in the comments section below. Please share your experience after trying the methods above. We would love to hear your thoughts too. Thank you for reading bluestackforpc, Folks!