iPad released iOS 13 which is known as iPadOS. There are a lot of features and improvements that Apple include in iPadOS which makes it become more stunning. Many says that iPadOS brings the possibility for a tablet to replace a laptop. Do you believe it? We would like to invite you to give it a try and see it for yourself how wonderful the iPadOS is. In this post, you can learn on how to download and install iPadOS.
What iPad will get iPadOS?
“Does my iPad support the iPadOS?” and “What iPad that supports iPadOS?” are the questions that frequently asked by many iPad users. It is pretty important to know if your iPad device supports the iPadOS from Apple. You should make sure that your iPad is compatible with the new iPadOS system before you update your iPad to iOS 13. Here is the list of iPad versions that will get iPadOS. Make sure yours is one of them.
- iPad Air 2 and 3
- iPad Mini 4 and 5
- iPad (6th and 7th generations)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
Now, you know that your iPad is compatible with the new iPadOS 13.1. But before you download and install iPadOS 13.1 on your iPad, it’s wise to backup your iPad in advance. There are several ways to back up your iPad. Check them down below.
Back Up iPad before Installing iPadOS
Back up using iCloud
The simplest way to back up iPad is using the iCloud. Make sure you are connected to a WiFi network. Then, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings and tap your name.
- Press iCloud and scroll down to find iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
The back up progress will take for a while. Be patient.
Back up using iTunes
If you want to back up your iPad to your Mac or Windows computer, you can do it using the iTunes. The steps are as follows:
- Update your iTunes to the latest version.
- Connect your iPad to your computer.
- Follow the instructions on screen. You will be prompted to insert your passcode or tap Trust This Computer.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Click on Back Up Now button to start backing up.
Back up using Finder
For a Mac laptop with Catalina OS, you will not need iTunes to back up iPad. Instead, you can use Finder to back up all data in your iPad. Check on the steps below:
- Connect iPad to Mac.
- Insert PIN code or tap Trust This Computer.
- Open Finder and choose iPad on the left pane.
- Click General tab and tap Back Up Now to back up iPad on your Mac.
After you have done backing up the data in your iPad, now you are good to download and install iPadOS 13.1 on your iPad.
How to Install iPadOS
- Tap Settings and tap General on the left pane.
- In the General section, press Software Update.
- You will see iPadOS 13.1. Tap Download and Install button on the bottom.
- Enter the passcode and confirm the Apple’s terms and conditions.
The file size of iPadOS 13.1 is around 1.86 GB, so it will take some time to finish. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and the battery is connected to the power source. After the download process is completed, the device will restart to begin the installation.
iPadOS is the special system for iPad which makes this device becomes more useful. It also supports the apple pencil and the keyboard. This new operating system also allows iPad to be a second monitor for Mac computer.
Have you tried the iPadOS already? Is it really as stunning as people said? We would like to hear your comment about iPadOS. Thank you for reading, Folks!