Bluetooth not working on iPadOS is a quite common error. When you face this issue, your device is unable to connect to other devices using the Bluetooth network. This is surely annoying and frustrating. However, we have several solutions that you can try to fix Bluetooth not working on iPadOS. Check them out below.
How to Fix iPadOS Bluetooth Not Working Issue
Method 1. Install the Latest Software Update
Apple recently released iPadOS 13.2.2 that brought a lot of improvements and patches for the bugs exist in the previous version. The update includes the fix for Bluetooth not working issue on iPadOS. So, you should check on the latest sofware update and install it on your iPad device.
- Go to the Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install Update.
Method 2. Turn off Bluetooth and Force Reboot
If your iPad has the latest update and the Bluetooth not working issue persists, you can try this method to fix it.
- Open Settings > Bluetooth and slide the toggle to turn it off.
- Force restart iPad.
- iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
- iPad with Home button: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.
- After it is restarted, turn on the Bluetooth again.
Now, check whether the Bluetooth not working issue has been resolved.
Method 3. Forget Device
Another method you can try to fix Bluetooth stops working problem on iPadOS is to forget the device and try to pair it once again. Here is how to do it:
- Open Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
- Press on the “i” icon against the device name you’re having problems connecting.
- Press on the “Forget This Device” button and confirm it.
- Finally, pair the iPad with the device again, and see if the issue has been solved.
Method 4. Reset Network Settings
The last thing you can do if the methods above fail is to reset the network settings. This action will reset all network settings in your iPad. Let’s try it out:
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset.
- Press Reset Network Settings.
- Enter passcode.
- Confirm the action.
Those were the 4 easy ways to fix Bluetooth not working issue on iPadOS. You can also try this for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Which method that work the best on your device? Or do you have other way to fix iPad Bluetooth error? Share it in the comments box below to help others. Thank you for reading, Folks!